Allo' Expat Slovakia - Connecting Expats in Slovakia
Main Homepage
Allo' Expat Slovakia Logo

Subscribe to Allo' Expat Newsletter
Check our Rates
   Information Center Slovakia
Slovakia General Information
Slovakia Expatriates Handbook
Useful Numbers
Immigration Information
  Entry Visa
Work Permit
Slovakia and Foreign Government
Slovakia General Listings
Slovakia Useful Tips
Slovakia Education & Medical
Slovakia Travel & Tourism Info
Slovakia Lifestyle & Leisure
Slovakia Business Matters
  Sponsored Links

Check our Rates

Slovakia Immigration Information Work Permit

EU Nationals

Citizens of EU member states are not required to have a work permit to be employed in Slovakia. They are, however, required to have confirmation of permanent residency for tax purposes. This can be obtained from the Slovak Foreign Police within Slovakia.

Documentation required:

• passport;
• notarised lease agreement or proof of home-ownership;
• two passport-style photographs.

Non-EU Nationals

All other foreigners who intend to work, study, teach, or do business in Slovakia must apply for a Temporary Residence Permit (TRP) at a Slovak Embassy or Consulate General abroad. The TRP allows you to stay in Slovakia for a period of more than 90 days for business and/or educational purposes. The TRP is issued for one year and may be renewed. Non-EU nationals are subject to lengthy interviews by Slovak officials prior to approval.

Documentation required:

• passport;
• two passport-style photographs;
• typed application form in Slovak language;
• document certifying reason for request (for business, employment, schooling etc.);
• criminal background check (Slovak and home country);
• medical certificate stating applicant is free of contagious disease;
• proof of funds (varies, check with Slovak Consulate for specifics);
• proof of medical insurance;
• proof of housing (signed lease agreement or ownership deed etc.)

A permanent residence permit entitles a foreigner to stay in Slovakia for an unlimited period of time and can be granted to a foreigner whose spouse or minor child is a Slovak citizen with permanent residency in Slovakia or who has maintained a temporary residence in Slovakia for more than 10 years. The applicant must first apply for a TRP.

It is always advisable to contact a Slovak Consular office abroad prior to going to Slovakia.

Note: In order to obtain their residence permit, the non-EU national must apply at a Slovak consular office abroad. However, the residence permit may not always be granted without an approved work permit, which must be applied for in Slovakia at the local Labour, Social Affairs and Family office. In addition, other necessary documents such as a Slovak-notarised residential lease agreement and Slovak-certified medical clearance mean that these foreigners will probably have to visit Slovakia first, gather the required paperwork, leave the country, and then apply for their residence permit abroad.





copyrights ©
2015 | Policy